Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A new fitness beginning

Of course that's what I say every day - this is the day when I begin my new fitness regime - whether it be walking (with pedometer of course), going to the gym (and enduring knee pain) or dancing to the tracks of the songs that I like. Fitness is important, but I've got to enjoy doing it. I felt such a failure yesterday because I didn't even attempt going for a walk - I spent most of the day trying to understand feeds and other terms that come up when setting up a blog. My day ended on a high though - we played scrabble last night and I won! Great compensation for not finding the time to get fitter. That is why I say that today is my new fitness beginning. I will do 10000 steps (not just incidental, I really do have to work up to that), I won't have more than one glass of wine and I won't put much milk in my coffee. And I will enjoy each and every one of those things!

My partner was getting a bit philosophical last night when he just came out with a question "do you discover yourself or are you the same person you've always been?" I was a bit stumped for an answer because he was asking a general question that has haunted me for a long time. I've been trying to discover who I am, but realise that who I am is defined by those I love and who I am inside and who I've always been inside. The little girl in me is still there despite the fact that my body has moved on! And I've been coated by many experiences of course! And many layers of fat which I'm not going to remove by sitting at the computer all day. This is why, although I'm comfortable in my own body, I'm going to try to make it smaller width-wise - I'm sure I'll still fit!

It's a beautiful day in this coastal holiday town, a perfect day for enjoying a walk and the chance to re-start my fitness journey. I'll report on my success or failure later!
Au revoir for now
Bev

No comments: